Category 1: Major Projects
This category covers legal services for infrastructure projects, major projects and construction which include at least two of the following areas – transport, water, health and other social infrastructure, major projects, building and civil projects and property development or alternatively have a whole of project budget in excess of $20 million or other special complexities as determined by the customer. The category includes the following areas:
- project agreements and structures (including project delivery vehicles such as public private partnerships, project financing arrangements, design and construct contracts and other forms of contract applicable to construction projects)
- procurement and offer processes
- contractual claims, disputes, defaults, insolvencies and terminations
- planning and environmental approvals
- land acquisition and property law issues
- intellectual property, insurance, taxation and competition law issues, and
- native title and cultural heritage issues.
Types of projects could include:
- transport, water, health and other social infrastructure projects
- property development
- waste handling and management
- building and construction projects
- energy and resources projects, and
- mineral processing projects.