From bribery and corruption to fraud and embezzlement, white collar crime can be very damaging to individuals or businesses. It is important to stay informed and up to date on
From bribery and corruption to fraud and embezzlement, white collar crime can be very damaging to individuals or businesses. It is important to stay informed and up to date on changes and new laws that may affect you and your business.
Join us for an afternoon seminar where we will explore and provide important updates on the proposed new whistleblower laws, foreign anti-bribery laws and cyber security risks.
More specifically, the seminar will cover:
- Whistleblower laws – Treasury Law Amendment (Enhancing Whistleblowers Protection) Bill 2017 (Cth) that is currently before the Senate and proposes significant reforms to the private sector’s whistleblower protection laws
- Foreign anti-bribery laws – Crimes Legislation Amendment (Combatting Corporate Crime) Bill 2017 that is also before the Senate and:
- introduces offence of corporate criminal liability in relation to foreign bribery unless a company can prove it had ‘adequate resources’ in place to prevent the misconduct,
- extends and clarifies the scope of anti-bribery offences, and
- introduces a Deferred Prosecution Agreement scheme.
- Cyber security – the increasing number and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and the trends and issues that Australian companies should be aware of, including for instance companies in the US now reporting attacks to the Department of Justice to help find the attackers
Who should attend?
- Legal counsel, directors and senior managers.
(Wednesday) 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm
Level 11 Central Plaza Two, 66 Eagle Street