Executive Education supporting the GCs of tomorrow
With ever changing business priorities and expectations, the role and skillset of the general counsel is evolving. Increasingly, the job description includes the responsibility of more than just the “day job” of purely legal work.
GCs are required to be part of general business considerations, be mindful of new technology to improve process efficiency, and sustainably lead teams of high-performing lawyers. The role requires GCs to be well-rounded professionals, with skills beyond legal technical excellence.
McCullough Robertson is committed to supporting this holistic growth and development of legal professionals through our executive education program, tomorrow’s GC. This first-to-market course focuses on equipping the leaders of tomorrow with the soft skills and knowledge required to thrive in their role – now and into the future.
Over the 12 month program of professional coaching and upskilling, participants work with industry leading facilitators on four key areas:
Unlocking the potential of teams and groups
- Setting up teams for success
- Ensuring clarity of expectations
- Enabling a growth mindset
Innovation and legal project management
- Delivering more with less
- Adapting to an environment of rapid change
- Learning Legal Project Management skills
4 Executive Coaching Sessions
- Moving from technical specialist to enterprise leader
- Whole of organisation view
- Focus on strategy
Personal leadership and well-being
- Emotional intelligence and authentic leadership
- Commitment to personal well-being
- Determining leadership style
- Introductory coaching consultation (30 minutes)
- Quarterly training session focusing on the four key topics (2 hours per session)
- Additional coaching throughout the year on key topics, including presenting to the Board, preparing for Board meetings (4 hours throughout the year)
- Other soft skills training courses, e.g Mental Health First Aid, DiSC profiling (2 hours per session)
- Ongoing discussion and interaction through our tomorrow’s GC portal throughout the year
The time frames outlined above are indicative and can be modified on an individual basis.
The Program is open to GCs based in Australia.
Selection to the program
McCullough Robertson will appoint a panel of its partners to review and assess the applications.
Submissions for the 2019 program have now closed. To register your interest for future opportunities, please complete the Registration of Interest form.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You will be awarded one point for every hour completed.