McCullough Robertson recognised in award nominations for Women in Business Law Awards
16 August 2012
Coveted nominations have been received by leading independent Australian law firm McCullough Robertson for both individual practice areas and firm awards at the inaugural Euromoney Legal Media Group Australasia Women in Business Law Awards.
The firm has been shortlisted in the following categories:
Firm of the year
- Best gender diversity initiative by Australasian firm – (Networking and career development)
- Best Australasian firm for work-life balance – (Flexible work arrangements)
- Best firm for pro bono work
- Best Australian firm for women in business law
Practice area nominees
- Corporate governance - Heather Watson
- Energy and natural resources - Susan O’Rourke
The awards celebrate the progress in law firm gender diversity, innovation, mentoring and talent management, and the achievements of leading women lawyers across Australasia. They focus on rewarding not only the best initiatives, but those initiatives that are most effectively implemented.
Managing Partner, Guy Humble, said the firm was delighted to receive the award nominations as McCullough Robertson strives to achieve a work-life balance and takes diversity initiatives very seriously. ‘We have a Diversity Initiatives Committee in place which looks to the future and leading the way in promoting women in law, industry and business.’
The awards ceremony will take place on Thursday 16 August at the Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel.