Lync Meetings - another way for us to keep connected with you
McCullough Robertson is very excited to be the first law firm in Australia to use Lync 2013.
It is a great way of working and collaborating with our clients. Lync gives us more options when we want to communicate, for example:
- video conference directly from the desktop (either one-to-one or a with a group)
- share and collaborate on documents and programs in real time with no delays
Joining a Lync meeting is easy and does not require any special software or hardware. As a minimum all you will need is a computer with an internet connection (a web cam is optional) or a telephone.
How to join a Lync Meeting
Simply follow these steps to join a Lync meeting:
- Open the email meeting invitation from your computer, laptop or tablet device, and select Join Lync Meeting
- This will launch your web browser and ask for a plug-in to be installed. Select Install Lync Web App Plug-in. Note: you will only be required to do this once.
- When the installer warning displays select Run.
- You will be placed in a virtual lobby until the meeting presenter admits you into the meeting. By default your microphone will be muted which you or presenter can override.
No microphone on your computer?
- If you do not have a microphone installed on your computer, simply dial the phone number listed on the meeting invitation from a mobile or land line and join the audio for the meeting.
- Dial +61 (7) 3014 2990
- Enter the Conference ID (supplied in the meeting invitation) followed by the # key
- When prompted: “For leader please press * now” simply ignore and wait for the next step
- At the recorded message: “The leader has restricted the meeting access to identified participants. To identify yourself please enter your extension or full phone number followed by # otherwise wait on the line for a leader to admit you” please wait for the next step
- At the tone, please record your name and then press #, and
- You will be placed in a virtual lobby until a leader admits you into the meeting.
- If you wish to share and collaborate on documents in a meeting, select the Join Lync Meeting link in your email invitation and follow the steps outlined above.