Business today operates in an increasingly global environment and technology has increased both the value of, and risks related to, collection and handling of personal information.
The management of personal information is a key business and customer relations issue for any organisation. Mishandling of personal information can result in serious breaches of Australian and international law in addition to significant reputational damage.
Our intellectual property lawyers have extensive experience in assisting both public and private organisations to comply with obligations under relevant State and Federal legislation in a practical and efficient manner.
Our legal advisers are also experienced in identifying privacy issues that arise in everyday transactions and are pro-active in providing compliance strategies to clients, particularly for large corporate groups.
Our lawyers also advise on complex and fact specific privacy related issues, and incorporate timely advice in relation to the closely related obligations under the Spam Act and the Do Not Call Register Act.
Our lawyers can assist you with:
- development of privacy polices and ancillary privacy compliance documentation
- providing privacy compliance training to relevant individuals and groups within organisations
- preparing privacy compliance manuals for use within an organisation
- responding to actual or threatened data security breaches
- representing clients in matters before the Privacy Commissioner, and
- providing specific advice, particularly in relation to direct marketing and use of health information.
We bring together a team of experts in trade practices, telecommunications, e-commerce, banking, insurance and funds management.
We understand that keeping the trust of your clients, customers and stakeholders is as important as meeting your legal obligations.