Our team of experts working in the nonprofit sector complement our commitment to the community and reflect the values and culture of McCullough Robertson.
They bring wide ranging experience to support, assist and protect the nonprofit sector.
We identify issues and risk areas, offer practical advice and seek the best solution for any issues affecting nonprofit organisations.
Establishing and maintaining access to taxation concessions is vital for eligible organisations in the sector.
Our nonprofit team work closely with lawyers in our taxation group who are experienced in assisting nonprofit organisations to access available taxation concessions, while managing any associated risks.
Our work includes legal and tax structuring, advice regarding governance and objectives for executives and directors, and legal compliance for the full range of all activities undertaken in the nonprofit sector.
We have particular industry knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- establishing charitable trusts ensuring ongoing legal and tax compliance
- regulatory advice for nonprofit providers of aged care and retirement living facilities
- governance in church and faith based organisations
- affordable housing, including the structuring of arrangements under the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS)
- public and private philanthropic funds and their establishment and ongoing compliance
- probity, and
- charitable fundraising endorsement and compliance.
We take our commitment to the nonprofit sector seriously and apply the same level of care, expertise and enthusiasm to our work in this area as we do for commercial clients.