NSW LEAD series
Legal Education and Development seminars designed specifically for NSW State Government staff.
With a focus on risk management, NSW State Government legal staff and senior managers must be aware of the risks and opportunities that the law presents across their portfolios.
McCullough Robertson is dedicated to helping you make a positive difference for our state.
Delivering major projects geared at further strengthening infrastructure, generating greater economic opportunity and promoting social cohesion throughout New South Wales requires the navigation of significant legal issues. These LEAD sessions will provide you with valuable information on the potential case law and legislative issues facing your operations and are applicable to both legal staff and senior managers.
Session 3: Structuring privatisation and infrastructure deals within the ATO tax framework
In January, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released its long awaited Privatisation and Infrastructure – Australian Federal Tax Framework. This document provides some level of comfort for bidders around some common structures used in privatisations and infrastructure projects, but also leaves a lot of questions unanswered.
In this session, Consultant Teresa Dyson will explore:
- the different common investment and ownership models outlined in the Framework, focusing on securitised lease and stapled structures
- the way in which the ATO envisages that Federal taxes would apply to those common structures
- the perennial issue of negative control, and
- areas of ATO compliance focus.
Seminars can be video conferenced to our Newcastle office at Level 2, 16 Telford Street upon request only.
Future 2017 LEAD sessions will be held on the first Wednesday of each month (February to November) and will cover the following topics, among others:
- the top five procurement mistakes and how to avoid them
- fraud and credit controls
- practical negotiation skills, and
- work life balance - ensuring that you and your team perform at their best.